Blogs > Sixers Dish

A Philadelphia 76ers blog, hosted by Christopher A. Vito

Monday, October 8, 2012

BYNUM ON RIGHT KNEE: 'IF ALL THE BEANS WERE ON THE TABLE, I'D BE OUT THERE'

(Associated Press)
Sixers center Andrew Bynum spoke to reporters Monday for the first time since Oct. 1, when the team announced it would shut him down for three weeks while dealing with discomfort in his right knee.


Here's what Bynum had to say at PCOM, including his timetable for a return:

On his health update:
“I feel pretty good. Definitely getting better. I’ve just been really trying to get to know the offense. It’s brand new. I’ve got a DVD, so I’m going to watch some tape on it.”

On whether he could play if this happened midseason:
“I’m not sure. It’s really up to the trainers and my doctor right now. I think if all the beans were on the table, I’d be out there.”

On his limitations:
“I think actually a lot of that has to do with my pain threshold where I’m not able to run up and down with the team right now.”

On what he’s seen from the Sixers:
“That we can shoot the heck out of the ball. We have a lot of shooters out there.”

On his downtime being a drag:
“It’s tough. It’s a new team, too. I want to be out there. It’d be different if I was still in L.A., where there’s an established rapport. I don’t know my teammates all that well yet. I don’t know their games yet.”

On whether it hinders him:
“It definitely hinders it because you’re not on the court running with your guys.”

On what good can come of this break:
“A little better health, hopefully.”

On whether he can return before the preseason ends:
“I’m not sure, to be honest. It’s still up in the air.

On whether he can return by the season opener:
“That’s the goal.”

On Doug Collins’ assessment, that Bynum will need seven days of practice before returning:
“I think that’s rudimentary. You’ve got to go up and down in practice. You can’t just go and play your NBA game. I would want that for myself and I’m glad he said that.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home